Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Color Graduated Extrusions


A few days ago, Cynthia Tinapple of Polymerclaydaily posted a link to a wonderful, short and clear tutorial from Bettina Welker on an easy way to get a blended effect with extruded clay.  I love extruding, and hadn't done any for quite a while.  Thank you Bettina and Cynthia!



This post was all the push I needed to get out the extruder and try my hand at this blending technique.

I love the results!  As you can see from the pictures here, I got carried way - had to try at least 4 different color blends and then turn them into something wearable.  These photos are of pendants.  I also made some brass channel bangle bracelets, and earrings are heading to the oven soon.  Perhaps a brooch or two?...

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful pieces Kristie. That pin of yours was beautiful.

    Alice

    ReplyDelete
  2. c'est superbe !!!! j'adore vos couleurs orangés !!!tres belle interprétation du tutoriel de Bettina !!!!

    ReplyDelete