Sunday, October 2, 2016

Cane Cuffs and Bud Earrings

The summer just swept by. It included a tandem bike rally in Canada and a wonderful biking trip to England, but it's hard to work with clay when you're pedaling on a bicycle.

I've finally had a chance to sit down and play for a bit with some polymer.  I spent some time creating new canes and then used the canes to make a few brass cuffs, including some new 1" pieces that really highlight the canes.  Of course, I needed some earrings to compliment some of the cuffs. Here are a few of the pieces I've been working on recently.


These brass cuff and earring sets also showcase some of the canes I've made.  I think the colors are just right for the transition from summer to fall.
Finally, here are a couple pairs of the little bud earrings I've been making.  The opening petals hug little pearls in these. In others, I've put crystals or have something hanging below the petal shapes. Sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment